[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - leisure=disc_golf_course

Ferenc Veres lion at netngine.hu
Sat Nov 5 10:42:00 GMT 2011

Hi,

2011.11.05. 2:28 keltezéssel, Josh Doe írta:
> Did I miss a link? I assume it's this one:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Disc_golf_course
>
> Then there's this one:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/disc_golf

You need to decide whether it's a physical property of the course, or
it's the sport itself.

Physical properties like "being a track" or "being a pitch" are coded
into the leisure value. Played sports are coded into the sport value.

E.g. leisure=pitch  sport=basketball

I don't know this sport:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_golf

The area where it is played does not seem similar to a golf_course from
these photos. It has no holes, it has no ball, it has no club (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golf_club ), so I cannot see anything
common with golf_course.

leisure=miniature_golf was also added as separate leisure value, while
it uses the 3 main equipment of normal golf: club, ball, holes. Only the
course is different, very much different. So this tagging is reasonable,
as it refers to the physical area where the sport is played.

Unless you can invent a general "leisure" value that could cover more
sports which are played on SIMILAR courses, a new leisure value is OK in
my opinion.

Ferenc

--
Ferenc Veres
http://www.wpsnet.com

To send GPG encrypted message please use this key
http://lion.xaraya.hu/images/ferenc_veres_gpg.txt
and a program like this:  http://www.gpg4win.org/