[Tagging] second_hand shops

Tobias Johansson tj at mensa.se
Sat Nov 5 14:49:17 GMT 2011

2011/11/5 Ferenc Veres <lion at netngine.hu>:

> 2011.11.04. 11:59 keltezéssel, Martin Koppenhoefer írta:
>>> Any type of shop may sell second_hand goods, so it seems to be an
>>> additional property. The shop's most important property is WHAT IT
>>> SELLS, and whether it is second hand is secondary detail.
>>>
>>> My basic idea is:
>>> second_hand=yes
>>

>> this will force all maps that show book shops or shops for clothing to
>> check for this key.
>
> Why? It it still a book shop or clothes shop primarily.

I agree it does not matter since they still sell clothes/furniture/..
even if it's second hand.

>> Basically not all products are sold second_hand,
>> but there is quite some). And there is also shops that sell both:
>> second_hand and new stuff (think of cars). So instead of
>> second_hand=yes/no I'd prefer something like
>> second_hand=only/additionally (maybe even second_hand=few/mostly).
>>
>> The problem is similar as with rental: some do only rent, others do
>> both, some don't rent.
>
> Yes, this was my main concern about wording of the tag. I think "yes"
> value is much easier to remember than "only", I really would like to
> hear other native English speakers about the other value:
>
> "additionally" is too complicated, while it could be simply tagged
>
> could be
>
> second_hand=too
> or
> second_hand=also
> or
> second_hand=both
>
> (however it's not easy on a GUI either, it needs a dropdown)

I think it would be good with two values. only and both, to make a
distinction between purly second hand shops and second hand shops that
also sells new items. (maybee second_hand=yes could subbstitute only
(I belive that is the most common. atleast where I'm from)