[Tagging] Feature proposal - RFC - natural=ridge

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 14:55:11 GMT 2011

2011/11/8 Michael Krämer <ohrosm at googlemail.com>:
> This would definetly help - especially for us Germans trying to understand
> the difference :-) Here a picture of what I personally would consider a
> ridge: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/Herzogstand_HQ.jpg

Yes, that's unambigous, but what about this?
1 http://www.rainerundclaudia.de/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/20090419-Mit-Julia-u.-Alex-am-Karlsruher-Grat-0232.jpg
2 http://alpinestock.com/grat_sareiserjoch_malbun_liechtenstein_sjpg1883.jpg

btw.: The wikipedia article about ridge (which the osm-proposal links
as definition) defines a lot of different ridge types, including also
submarine ridges and  volcanic crater ridges and even sand ridges
(dunes). Maybe these should be subtagged if the proposal should be
used for all of them.

cheers,
Martin