[Tagging] How do you tag a shop that sells herbal medicine

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Thu Nov 10 22:55:37 GMT 2011

Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/11/10 Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com>:
> > Herbalists are common in Kibera, we used these tags for health
> facilities
> >
> > http://mapkibera.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tagging/Health
> >
> > health_facility:type=herbalist
> >
> > but will be happy to align that to consensus practice.
>

> maybe we can also have both? The place I mapped this afternoon should
> get a shop-tag IMHO, but there are also places which apply/sell herbal
> medicine that should be tagged as health_facility.
>
> Actual usage numbers according to taginfo are 10 vs. 14   ;-)
>
> cheers,
> Martin

It would seem likely that some facilities would have a person on hand who was trained in herbal medicine (and thus the facility could be classified as a health facility), while some other facilities would have only a shop clerk, not trained in herbal medicine, and thus would be classed only as a shop.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com