[Tagging] Tag desired for "maintenance"

yvecai yvecai at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 20:55:33 GMT 2011

On 15. 11. 11 21:09, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> On 11/15/2011 09:17 AM, yvecai wrote:
>> I am a little bit out of scope, but to me it would make sense to add
>> this kind of information in an external database.
>> What is the point of having this kind of information in OSM  ?
>
> Is the difference between a broken toilet and a working toilet worth
> reflecting in OSM?
> What if you had a mobile client to toggle the status?
A broken toilet is supposed to be fixed, and we can hope that it is
fixed fast, so this tag would be highly volatile if useful.
I think it will be more useful in a local db maintained by local people
and used from local services aware of what is to be fixed around.
Except if there is a world plumber squad parsing 40MBdiffs a day from a
remote bunker somewhere, ready to jump in a plane to avoid us the
disagreements underlied in the present example :)
Just my opinion, though.
Yves