[Tagging] RFC: highway=tidal_road

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Thu Nov 24 22:48:15 GMT 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 17:18 -0500, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> On 11/24/2011 5:10 PM, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> > Dave F. wrote:
> >> That's not what he said,&  you know it. Typical Paul "I ignore
> >> facts just so I can start an argument" Johnson.
> >
> > Traditionally I try to act as an administrator rather than a moderator on
> > this list, but I think that oversteps the mark a little, I'm afraid. By all
> > means disagree on the list, but try not to bring personal character into it
> > - play the ball, not the man.
>
> The ball is that representing an area (a beach) by a way is stupid, and
> Paul's not stupid.

Thank you!  Right now, the closest I could think of that would work,
would be highway=track, area=yes, surface=sand, maxspeed=20 mph in
addition to traditional beach tagging.  But, for the sake of being able
to route it effectively, I'm wondering if a way should also be included
down the center of the space that can effectively be driven.

I will say that this is one good thing about Oregon (and even one that
was represented in several Beach Boys movies that were filmed and set on
the northern Oregon coast) is that parking is effectively a nonissue
when you can just park where you want to put your blanket down.