[Tagging] RFC: highway=tidal_road

Gary Gallagher g.null.device at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 23:01:43 GMT 2011

>From a hikers point of view I'd like to see some differentiation of tide
affected ways. There's a number of tracks I didn't put on the map because I
wasn't sure the tidal info placed in side tags would get to rendered. Use
of difficulty scales doesn't quite warn someone either. I know given the
current state of the map it can't be relied on for hiking. But one would
hope it was heading in that direction. Though I dislike 4 wheel drivers
stuffing up the landscape - it exists and it's requirements should be
mapped where it is allowed.

Gary

P.S.

As an australian english speaker 'tidal' works well for me