[Tagging] RFC: shop=pastry

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 02:21:49 GMT 2011

2011/11/27 Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com>:
> Instead of shop=pastry, I would say shop=bakery bakery=pastry, because
> then the bakery rules work, for data consumers that don't know/care
> about pastry.  And, in the grand ontology we are avoiding building, a
> pastry shop is generally a kind of bakery.

Thing is, it doesn't help you if shop=bakery is rendered, when you are
looking for bread and find a pastry, while it wouldn't help you
neither if you looked for pastry and were led to a bakery, so
basically to make this subtagging work you will need 2 tags instead of
1 to distinguish between a pastry and a bakery (in some countries this
might be the same place/shop, in here it usually isn't. I can imagine
having subtags for pastry but these would be e.g. icecream or
croissant).

cheers,
Martin