[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Turn Lanes

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Oct 6 10:17:49 BST 2011

Hi.
Some remarks have been mentioned here already, why this proposal is not
well designed.
Another one is, that it's tackling the lanes-problem, but not solving it.
You propose something for turning lanes - but again restrict it to cars.

The talk page in the wiki contains a question about cycle lanes, that
has been rejected to be solved by the proposal.
To go a little step further, it's even worse for
sidewalks/footpaths/pavements, which are unsolved wether to tag as
separate lanes, tags at the street way or whatever.

I don't think, these unfinished proposals are a good idea in this case,
as long as they don't solve the multi-lane problem in general (or are at
least designed to be extendable to solve the problem).
Here I cannot see this extendability.

regards
Peter