[Tagging] Wide steps

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 16:02:23 BST 2011

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 4:50 PM, David Earl <david at frankieandshadow.com> wrote:
> Any suggestions as to how to represent some steps...
>
> These steps aren't that unusual I guess, but they aren't a staircase. They
> form the edges of a piazza-like platform, running most of the way around it.
> There are only 4 steps, but they are several of them, up to about 40m wide:
>
> http://twitpic.com/6whcou

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Vinterviken_fabriksomr_2010.jpg?uselang=sv

This one has been tagged as barrier=retaining_wall which is of course
true of these steps.

There are also proposals on the wiki about being able to show what
direction an area of stairs go, I believe someone needs to show that
it is practical to tag like this.

/emj