[Tagging] Wide steps

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon Oct 10 12:17:26 BST 2011

On Monday, 10 October 2011, Peter Wendorff <wendorff at uni-paderborn.de>
wrote:
> Hi.
> I think, the last argument Martin has in his reply is the most important
one:
> Tagging the width of steps is simple - and useful independant of other
proposals for mapping steps, if it's equal in general from top to bottom.

> But one usual case is, that steps are around a building etc., so they get
smaller upwards (or wider in other cases).
> It is not possible to map that simply as attributes, as long as you don't
want to have step-width tagged on nodes (something that is error prone
because of the missing connection from node to one particular steps-way).

> regards
> Peter

Yes, I hadn't thought about a width tag, good idea. In this case I have some
extremely accurate measurements.

But I do also have some large semi circular and tapering steps to do (though
they ate a lot smaller than the photo I sent, so their geographical
significance is much less.

David