[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Relations/Proposed/Level Map

osm-marl at gmx.de osm-marl at gmx.de
Wed Oct 12 17:19:23 BST 2011

Dear all,

in order to create an easy way of mapping stacked, identical structures and vertical ways, I have created the proposal of a level map.

The main purpose is to be able to map ways of general interest through multi-floor buildings  (in particular where multiple "rounds" through staircases are needed) and public vertical ways, such as lifts.

I hope that I have covered all all aspects for generating proper routing instructions, such as elevator buttons and other floor information, including accessibility.

I think that the proposal is quite powerful, more or less accidentally supporting even 3D multipolygons. But that was not the purpose of the proposal. However, I feel that this is a good direction to go.

Of course, if there is support for the proposal, a how-to would be needed to give a careful introduction to beginners.

Please have a look at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Level_Map

and discuss on the discussion page.

Marl

(sorry for any ads below this line, please ignore them)