[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Relations/Proposed/Level Map

Andreas Hubel andi at saerdnaer.de
Tue Oct 25 20:54:10 BST 2011

Hi Marl,

I also am working for some time with indoor mapping, but till now in never really came to document my schema properly.

I just published some text in images on http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/indoor
The text is currently only german, this should be changed some time.

I have also added likes to example data, my main play field is
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.262437&lon=11.667689&zoom=18

Difference to your proposal, I found so far:

In my schema elevators are really a way, not only nodes with a vway tag. I think your solution get's some problems in routing, mine has the problem that with current editors it's not so really easy to use.

For floors, I only use numbers. So i always know which floor is above or below of another.

For outdoor ways i use an additional outdoor tag, see picture on the proposal page.

Greets, Andi

PS: is there a way to contact per private message? Sending mails to osm-marl at gmx.de failed twice.