[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - entrance=*

Ilpo Järvinen ilpo.jarvinen at helsinki.fi
Thu Oct 13 00:14:33 BST 2011

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, Nathan Edgars II wrote:

> On 10/12/2011 6:52 PM, Ilpo Järvinen wrote:
> > Please let me know when did my private renderer for those
> > building=entrances cease being something that renders (besides the
> > times
> > when my VM is down of course :-))? ...Honestly, I think you just
> > _assumed_
> > that nobody is using the data for anything (and that's plain
> > wrong).
> > ...While it would be trivial for me to change my mapnik styles, and
> > reimport would only take something like 20mins for the part of data
> > I'm
> > interested in, you'd still need to assume that there is nobody else
> > using that data.
>
> If entrance=* is being used at all, you need to change your rendering
> to support it, whether or not existing building=entrances are being
> changed.

True, however I doubt that would be problem for my area as almost all of
them are created by me anyway ;-). But that's still besides my point which
is that deprication should be handled properly instead of giving those
"hints" for DWG to not interfere on mass removal even before anything
is official.

FYI, I'm not against the proposal itself and in fact I've used some of the
suggested tags already together with building=entrance but not the
entrance=yes.

--
 i.