[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - entrance=*

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:25:47 BST 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 2:18 PM, John F. Eldredge <john at jfeldredge.com> wrote:

> In the case of a subway station, this will mean that the station's area will need to underlay other mapped objects, and the mapper will need to map the access tunnels as well as the station proper.

Burrr! Openstreetmap is not made for mapping in 3D atm, even though
people do try [1]. Even looking at 3D renders of subway stations
complexes make my head go around. So lets not use building=* for
subsurface buildings, but I'm guessing people are already doing this?
[2]

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Building_attributes
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/112427969  subway tagged
as building and layer=-1