[Tagging] barrier=?

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Thu Oct 20 18:34:08 BST 2011

http://www.cyclestreets.net/location/34139/

Could anyone point me at existing examples of these motorised car access
barriers (operated by waving a card at it) and/or suggest what the tag
for it should be. I've found a site that sells them:
http://www.newgate.uk.com/pages/products/blockers_kerbs.php and they
call them "rising kerbs", so how about barrier=rising_kerb, unless
someone has already got an example.

While we're at it, you also sometimes find barriers on car park exits
which have fierce, curved, spring-loaded spikes which are pushed into
the ground if you drive over them in the intended direction, but which
would rip your tyres to shreds if you attempted to go in against the
flow. Like a fixed stinger. Any ideas for barrier=? I've found them
referred to on manufacturer sites as 'alligator teeth' and 'traffic spikes'

David