[Tagging] RFC: place=neighbourhood

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 08:01:29 BST 2011

On 1 September 2011 11:41, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the US, the problem is that address place names depend on which post
> office serves the area, and there is no freely available accurate data
> showing this. Many suburban areas outside Orlando city limits have Orlando
> in the address, and there are some cases where a place in city A uses an
> address that is not city A.

That's interesting, and a bit weird to me.  Here, post offices open,
close, move around, merge and split - and it makes no difference to my
address.  There is no post office in my suburb, though there are two
near by.  I have no idea which (if any) of those two my mail delivery
actually comes from, and it could be neither - there is a bigger one a
bit further away and for all I know the delivery people are based
there.

Stephen