[Tagging] landuse=residential and named residential areas which belong together (neighbourhoods/subdivisions?)

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Fri Sep 2 08:40:31 BST 2011

> IMHO there is no "landuse" inside another landuse (at least for the
> "true" landuses which are the landuses by man.
Do we agree that nested polygons replace, not supplement, the outer polygon?

The rendering seems cool with this, and it makes sense.  If I draw a forest,
then draw a landuse=reservoir on top of it, those interested in the
forest's true area can subtract out the reservoir.  No multipolgon
relation needed.