[Tagging] railways, subway stations and train stations

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Sep 22 12:50:43 BST 2011

Hi,

On 09/22/11 13:43, Greg Troxel wrote:
> More seriously, in Boston we sometimes use the word "subway" to refer to
> several MBTA lines, and non-train-nerds don't really distinguish between
> the Green Line (which is probably "light rail") and the others.  Of
> course, real trains sometimes run underground (e.g. near New York Penn
> Station).

Yes, also trams can run underground for much more than just a small
stretch of tunnel (e.g. Bonn), and of course the London Underground
frequently runs in broad daylight. In Frankfurt, a lot of suburban train
traffic ("S-Bahn") is underground and a lot of underground ("U-Bahn") is
overground.

How is someone to determine whether something is a railway=station or a
railway=subway_station?

Bye
Frederik