[Tagging] Feature Proposal - TMC - New tagging scheme for TMC

Heinrich Knauf knauf at infoware.de
Thu Apr 19 10:25:21 BST 2012

Am 15.04.2012 16:23, schrieb Eckhart Wörner:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 11. April 2012, 15:42:29 schrieb fly:
>> I still do not get one major point which was totally left out on the first
>> scheme. What actually belongs to a "point" and how are they tagged.
> Especially
>> on big crossings and roundabouts I always was confused (e.g. it might be
>> possible that a part of this point is blocked but how do I know which one
> and
>> you might be able to use  the first/last exit/entrance of a junction but not
> the
>> rest. )
> Indeed, this is what I was worried about as well.
> Here's a proposed (partial) fix, which starts from the original proposal.
>
> Let's assume that 123, 456 and 789 are connected LCD which describe a road.
> Further assume that at 456 there's a big intersection.
> Then:
> - All ways between 123 and 456 are marked tmc=DE:123+456, and all ways between
> 456 and 789 are marked tmc=DE:456+789.
> - All ways on the intersection 456 leading from 123 to 789 are then marked
> tmc=DE:456+.
>
> This has several advantages:
> - A traffic jam between 123 and 456 will not block the intersection 456 anymore.
> - Exits are defined as follows:  an exit at 456 in positive direction starts at
> a way that is tagged either tmc=DE:456+ or tmc=DE:123+456 ("from"), uses a
> node that is part of a way tagged either tmc=DE:456+ or tmc=DE:456+789 ("via")
> and ends at a way that is tagged neither tmc=DE:456+ nor tmc=DE:456+789, nor
> tmc=DE:123+456 ("to"). An exit is therefore a maneuver. This may sound a bit
> technical at first, but none of this is exposed to the tagging, and the idea of
> an exit is probably quite intuitive.
> - Likewise, entries are defined.
> - Automatic consistency checking is still possible, as there are no holes.
>
> There is at least one issue that still has to be addressed: this tagging does
> not imply an ordering of the exits / entries; it is not clear what the first,
> second… exit would be.
>
> Eckhart Wörner

Hello,
thank you far all your contributions so far, and here's just a
preliminary response. It was my idea to mail an answer to all open
technical questions as soon as I can come with a reasonable result in
all depth, and some topics are still discussed with our TMC team. So I
apologize for not resonding earlier, but please allow another day.

Best regards,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Heinrich Knauf

infoware GmbH
Riemenschneiderstr. 11
53175 Bonn
GERMANY

facebook_follow_us <http://facebook.infoware.de/>

office: +49 228 338899-21
email: knauf at infoware.de <mailto:knauf at infoware.de>
web: www.infoware.de <http://www.infoware.de>
infoware Gesellschaft für Informationstechnik mbH
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schulte-Hillen, Martin Langhoff;
Sitz Bonn; Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 14141