[Tagging] Dispute prevention: meaning of lanes tag

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 12:58:52 BST 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> * PSV lanes SHOULD be included (also [2]). Example: lanes=3 and
> lanes:psv=1 means we have three lanes and one OF THEM is for PSV only.

Don't forget other reserved lanes like taxi lanes...

> * Parking lanes/spaces should NOT be included (see [4]).

What about stop lanes for bus stations ? (usually a short distance
extra lane used for loading/unloading passagers) ?

> * Turn lanes SHOULD be included (see [2] and [5]).

Not sure if it is a good idea.

> * The lane count should change, as soon as a) new lane has reached its
> full width or b) a lane starts to disappear (usually a merge with
> another lane) (also [5]).

And what about the space between e.g. lanes=2 and lanes=3 ?

>  - A one-way road has one lane

excepted for motorways and trunk ?

>  - Two-way roads have two lanes, one in each direction

also for highway=track/service ?

Pieren