[Tagging] demolished buildings, temporal component of data

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Apr 20 21:14:49 BST 2012

Hi,

> Since the introduction of API 0.6 we have in theory one powerful tool
> where this detail can already be associated to the edit: the changeset
> comments. The only missing link for effective automated evaluation
> would be an agreement on a formal way of storing information there

The changeset *comment* is just that, a comment that should be
human-readable. But many people forget that changesets can have any
number of tags, so instead of adding machine-readable hash tags into the
comment field, just invent new tags for the changeset, e.g.

type_of_edit={initial|geometry_fix|change_in_real_world|revert|...}

Bye
Frederik