[Tagging] OSMI layers in JOSM

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 09:28:57 BST 2012

Hi all!

I'm trying to view the OSMI layers in JOSM. The all-knowing,
all-seeing trash heap pointed me to this (german) article:
http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=9315

There it is recommended to use the following link in JOSM:
http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/view/routing/wxs?REQUEST=GetMap&SERVICE=wms&VERSION=1.1.1&FORMAT=image/png&SRS=EPSG:4326&STYLES=&LAYERS=unconnected_minor1,unconnected_minor2,unconnected_minor5,unconnected_major1,unconnected_major2,unconnected_major5&

This works like a charm, but with the limitations, that one has to
adjust the resolution manually. Also I seem to be unable to get this
layer transparent. In the article one wrote to add TRANSPARENT=TRUE to
the link, but I can't get this working.

Has anyone a hint for me how to get this layer transparent? Is there
any possibility to autoadjust the resolution?

Martin