[Tagging] Dispute prevention: meaning of lanes tag

Ilpo Järvinen ilpo.jarvinen at helsinki.fi
Fri Apr 27 09:57:44 BST 2012

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Pieren wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Ilpo Järvinen
>
> > if there's anything else than some fancy wordsmithing looking into the
> > very same road from different angles? :-)
>
> Well, sometimes you have 1 lane, sometimes 2, or something in between.

- If it would be lanes=1 it would be tagged as such, but it's not lanes=1.
- If it would be real lanes=2 it would be tagges as such, but it's not
  lanes=2.

...So it's something in between always!

> Sometimes it is related to the width, sometimes only about the
> painting on the road.

??? There's no painting in any of those I would have seen. ...Perhaps
you have some example where there's lanes=1.5 in OSM tagged and there's
painted center line? Otherwise I assume you just want to make it
"impossible to interpret" to yourself using such imaginary trick.

> It is bit more than "fancy wordsmithing". It is simply impossible to
> interpret.

...Sure, noone can convince you otherwise? :-)

--
 i.