[Tagging] Dispute prevention: meaning of lanes tag

Ilpo Järvinen ilpo.jarvinen at helsinki.fi
Fri Apr 27 11:50:34 BST 2012

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Georg Feddern wrote:

> Am 27.04.2012 09:23, schrieb Ilpo Järvinen:
> > On Thu, 26 Apr 2012, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> >
> > > What do you think of lanes=3.5? I have an example here:
> > >
> > > Not sure, how many lanes these are, could be 5 or even 5.5? Depends on
> > > the car widths and the experience of the drivers:
> >
> > Heheh... :-) ...there's one major difference between 1.5 and>=2.5, ie.,
> > whether the traffic in one direction almost always interferes with the
> > opposite direction of the traffic, in the latter case it shouldn't happen
>
> So you mean 1.5 is the same as 1 regarding the "almost always interfere"? ;-)

...A more appropriate word would be somewhat stronger "prevents" for real
lanes=1 I suppose, but I'm not native so I might be wrong? ;-) (Or
alternatively one needs a road excursion / passing place).

...Besides, this distinction based on interfering is mostly mean to
differentiate from "normal" lanes=2 road, not from lanes=1 one.

--
 i.