[Tagging] lanes=* on cycleways

Sander Deryckere sanderd17 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 10:32:43 BST 2012

Can you give a picture of multi-lane cycleways (or coordinates, so we can
see it in aerial pics or via streetview)?

The only multi-lane cycleways I know are two-direction cycleways, where the
lines are only a suggestion. So it doesn't really matter whether it's a
two-way cycleway with one or two lanes.

What does matter is the width of the entire cycleway, as that gives you an
idea of how easy it is to cross each other, or to drive next to each other.

So I wouldn't tag the number of lanes, only whether it's one- or two-way,
and the width.

The above is based on what I see regarding cycling-infrastructure in
Belgium. You might know that Belgians also like cycling, but the Belgian
infrastructure is often aged.

Cheers, Sander

Op 27 april 2012 17:08 schreef Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> het
volgende: