[Tagging] Dispute prevention: meaning of lanes tag

Kytömaa Lauri lauri.kytomaa at aalto.fi
Sun Apr 29 16:29:52 BST 2012

>Before that I added a point in the Open issues section about lanes=1.5
>and modified the note at the end of the section Narrow road. As

So, today I got a chance to revisit an unpaved residential road
I've tagged as lanes=1.5 in the distant past. Here's two
pictures of it (in one)

Above, usual traffic drives almost in the center of the road,
as if it were lanes=1.

Below, the car in picture has it's right side mirror almost
touching the fence, and there's 2.2 meters of the
carriageway free for oncoming traffic, 2.6-2.7 meters
of space to the fence on the other side of the road.
Oncoming cars can get past each other, so it's not
lanes=1. Yet all driveers will slow to a crawl, or at least
to a jogging speed, so IMO it can't be lanes=2,
either.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2cfqivn.png

Which value would people use for the lanes=*?

--
Alv