[Tagging] Data redundancy with "ref" tag on ways vs relations

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Wed Aug 1 15:37:10 BST 2012

Petr Morávek [Xificurk] wrote:
> On the other side of the spectrum is Potlach, which
> makes anything involving relations overly
> complicated. I've fixed my share of relation bugs, that I dare to say
> came from these poor editing capabilities.

Wow. When was the last time you used Potlatch? 1873?

To add a way to, say, a cycle route relation:

1. Click the tab with a picture of a bicycle
2. Under National Cycle Route, click 'Add to a route'
3. Choose the one you want and press 'Select'

If that's overly complicated then I guess maybe we could look at sending a
holographic avatar round to the user's house to do it for them. I'm sure
ActionScript has an API for that somewhere.

Richard