[Tagging] on the name of a tag for landcover

David ``Smith'' vidthekid at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 12:15:01 BST 2012

I thought we used natural=* for this kind of thing.

For the different broad classes of vegetation discussed so far in this
thread, there's natural=grass/scrub/wood.  Of course there's
natural=water.  Other landcover types are uncommon in central Ohio so I'm
not familiar with their tagging, but I thought we had natural= values for
things like sand, bare rock, swamp, glacier, etc...

So why is a new tag or hierarchy needed? Are we just trying to standardize
or formalize a presently-haphazard array of tags or values?