[Tagging] Carriageway divider

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Aug 20 13:06:25 BST 2012

Hi,

On 08/20/2012 12:57 PM, Markus Lindholm wrote:
>> This doesn't correspond to reality: I believe that an emergency
>> vehicle can cross a solid line, while of course they would
>> have problems with a physically separated road.
>
> I consider legal restrictions to be part of reality.

Yes, but we must make a difference between "must not pass" and "cannot
pass".

It has already been pointed out that the legal restrictions may not be
the same for everyone (emergency services etc.), but even the common
motorist or cyclist might choose to ignore legal restrictions - either
for banal reason or perhaps because they have an emergency as well - and
therefore it is important to distinguish between the physical and the
legal side.

Bye
Frederik