[Tagging] Carriageway divider

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Aug 20 14:19:18 BST 2012

Am 20.08.2012 15:01, schrieb Philip Barnes:

> I think that is the reason why we sould stick with explicit turn
> restrictions.
>

> The law on solid lines varies from country to country, and we cannot
> expect the routers to code, or know the law for every country, mappers
> on the ground will be aware of the restrictions however.

Well...
We already require that from routers according to implicit speed limits
and much more, so it should not be that complicated to require
additional country-dependent defaults for something else.

Using explicit turn restrictions might be useful for streets and common
ways for these solid lines, but that's not enough as soon as a router
want's to start from an address.
There's no way tagged from the street to the house itself, so even if it
would be handy to do, it's not possible t create turn restrictions here.

Therefore I would say, explicit divider tagging should be our goal here.

regards
Peter