[Tagging] Carriageway divider

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Mon Aug 20 14:01:57 BST 2012

I think that is the reason why we sould stick with explicit turn restrictions.

The law on solid lines varies from country to country, and we cannot expect the routers to code, or know the law for every country, mappers on the ground will be aware of the restrictions however.

Phil
--

Sent from my Nokia N9

On 20/08/2012 13:09 Peter Wendorff wrote:

Am 20.08.2012 13:58, schrieb Philip Barnes:
> On Mon, 2012-08-20 at 13:39 +0200, Markus Lindholm wrote:
>> On 20 August 2012 13:25, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>> Isn't that what turn restrictions are for?
>> No.
>>
>> Turn restrictions restrict from which highway object to which highway
>> object one can traverse, they can't tell whether you're allowed to
>> make a left or right turn at the start of your route.
>>
> You are allowed to cross a solid line, providing it is safe, to enter
> ajoining premises or a side road.
>
> In cases where this is prohibited there will be a sign and this should
> be tagged with a turn restrictions.
In Germany that's not the case.
You're not allowed to cross a solid line.

If you're allowed, the line is dotted for the small part where you are
allowed (or a second dotted line on the side where you come from is added).
As overtaking has to be finished before the dotted part of the line
ends, even that's not allowed by a part of the line being dotted to
allow a left turn towards an access ramp to a building or sth. like that.

regards
Peter

colin.smale at xs4all.nl