[Tagging] Carriageway divider

Markus Lindholm markus.lindholm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 18:56:50 BST 2012

On 20 August 2012 16:50, Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/8/20 Markus Lindholm <markus.lindholm at gmail.com>
>>

>> Yes, I understand why one would reassemble highway segments on a route
>> that only differ on the maxspeed tag or other such minor issue. But
>> why would one want to reassemble two highways going in opposite
>> direction and from which there is no direct legal route to the other?
>

> What about the roads in the countryside? Would you divide roads into lanes
> if there is a full line, like in the following picture:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/p5Oto.png

I've been mostly mapping in large cities, hardly anything in the
countryside. So I can only say that I've found it purposeful in the
city to map with two highways when legally separated. It might well be
that that convention doesn't suit well in the countryside, I don't
know. So then the convention might differ between city and
countryside, like conventions differ between different countries.

/Markus