[Tagging] Tagging for checkpoints?

Nathan Oliver oliver.nathan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 20:02:19 BST 2012

This agricultural inspection station [1] has the tag barrier=checkpoint,
which OSRM appears to interpret as access=no. [2]  Is this a bug in the
router, or should additional/different tags be used?

I've consulted the wiki, and can't find anything definitive about how this
should tagged.  Any suggestions?  I'm tempted to simply add access=yes,
since I'm pretty sure that everyone is allowed to pass (unless they have
forbidden produce), but I thought I'd consult the crowd.

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/848749487
[2] http://map.project-osrm.org/1cN

Nathan