[Tagging] Tagging for checkpoints?

Ole Nielsen on-osm at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 26 21:17:44 BST 2012

Yes, you need to add "access=yes". The router does not know who may pass
a checkpoint and "access=yes" is definitely not the default for a
checkpoint (private would be more likely).

This is a general issue for all point type barriers where a default
access is unknown and mappers forget to add the access tags. For some
types of barriers default access rules can be assumed. Bollards for
example allow narrow vehicles (bicycles, mopeds) to pass but not wide
vehicles like motorcars.

Ole