[Tagging] Potale

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 12:16:46 BST 2012

2012/8/28 André Pirard <A_Pirard at hotmail.com>:
> I finally made it
>
> amenity: place_of_worship
> historic: wayside_shrine
> name: potale du Christ
> religion: christian
>
> which is exactly what it is, except that St Mary is actually worshiped
> there.

-1
it is not what it is IMHO. "place_of_worship" is misleading. "potale
du Christ" also does look like a description and not like a name. I am
also not sure if a niche in a wall meets the definition for "shrine"
(which is more something like a box I think).

Please do not bend tags in use but define your own tags where needed.

> Everyone agreeing with my link to Wikipedia's potale in the OSM definition
> of wayside_shrine?

no, please give an English definition in the wiki. Linking OSM
definitions to wikipedia pages is very problematic, as this would mean
that changes to the wikipedia page will change the meaning of objects
in OSM.

cheers,
Martin