[Tagging] Potale

André Pirard A_Pirard at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 11:50:56 BST 2012

On 2012-08-28 13:16,  Martin Koppenhoefer wrote :
> 2012/8/28 André Pirard<A_Pirard at hotmail.com>:
>> I finally made it
>>
>> amenity: place_of_worship
>> historic: wayside_shrine
>> name: potale du Christ
>> religion: christian
>>
>> which is exactly what it is, except that St Mary is actually worshiped
>> there.
> -1
> it is not what it is IMHO. "place_of_worship" is misleading.

What do you tag/call a place where the people of the village gather or
stop to celebrate St Mary?
Seeing the sign on the IGN map, I first thought it was a chapel until I
made a trip to see it.
And it looks like they cherish it as the chapel they can't afford.

> "potale du Christ" also does look like a description and not like a name.

I wrote to the clergyman for a name and he didn't reply. I may let you
know their address.
So, I asked the people around and that's the best they refer to it.
I thought that a name was what you call something.

> I am also not sure if a niche in a wall meets the definition for "shrine"
> (which is more something like a box I think).
This is how I described it:
> What is the tag for this? <http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potale>
>
> Mine is more or less like Hanzinne's in size but wide open with a huge
> cross inside.
> 3 m high. If it wasn't just a façade, a front, it would almost be a
> chapel, but it's not.
How can you call that a box or a niche in a wall?

Thanks to all.

Oh dear.
This mail reader formats my HTML messages in a Linux window all-right
but your archive program displays HTML source on a Web page.
You should fix that !!!

Cordialement,

André.