[Tagging] Potale

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 13:27:06 BST 2012

2012/8/29 André Pirard <A_Pirard at hotmail.com>

> **
> On 2012-08-28 13:16,  Martin Koppenhoefer wrote :
>
> 2012/8/28 André Pirard <A_Pirard at hotmail.com> <A_Pirard at hotmail.com>:
>
>  I finally made it
>
> amenity: place_of_worship
> historic: wayside_shrine
> name: potale du Christ
> religion: christian
>
> which is exactly what it is, except that St Mary is actually worshiped
> there.
>
>  -1
> it is not what it is IMHO. "place_of_worship" is misleading.
>

> What do you tag/call a place where the people of the village gather or
> stop to celebrate St Mary?
> Seeing the sign on the IGN map, I first thought it was a chapel until I
> made a trip to see it.
> And it looks like they cherish it as the chapel they can't afford.

IMHO the wayside_shrine already implies worshipping in some way.
amenity=place_of_worship is used for churches, synagogues, temples, mosques
and so on (note: all places where you enter/access the place for
worshipping)
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Church

tagging these potales almost the same will probably lead to ambiguity.

Cheers,
Martin