[Tagging] How to solve the problem with relation overload?

Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de
Tue Dec 4 09:40:16 GMT 2012

Am 04.12.2012 10:09, schrieb Martin Vonwald:
> Hi!
>
> After reading all the responses I have to conclude that we don't
> really have a perfect solution right now. I guess the best would be a
> "cleanup" of the relations: on ways where more than one (or two)
> relations are present, create a new relation only for this part,
> remove those ways from the other relations and instead add the newly
> created relation as part of the public transport relation.
What's the benefit? In josm there are less relation displayed, if you
select the way. If you edit the way, you'll have to do the same things
as there were 5 single relations and you additional have to analyse
master relation before. In Potlatch and josm relation overview you'll
get even more relations. Editing theses relations is even more
complicated. So I think this solution wont make it better.

Henning