[Tagging] Status of maxspeed:wet

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 12:47:24 GMT 2012

Before we use some strong words lets take a look at the issue:
according to taginfo maxspeed:wet is used 602 times. You may subtract
one or two hundred as I added them. So we are talking about a tag
that's currently used less than 500 times and without a known (at
least I dont know one) application. As such a speed limit is quite
common people either didn't care enough to tag it or maxspeed:wet was
just a try. Also please don't forget that maxspeed:wet is up to this
second completely undocumented.

You (Pieren) are right if you say, that all things should be put on
the table before voting. Put I also understand Ole, because if he
would have written that maxspeed:wet should be deprecated I bet that a
few people would have objected - people who have never used
maxspeed:wet before or even heard about it ;-)

As I already wrote: a significant number of maxspeed:wet are from me.
So if this tag will be deprecated I have some additional work to do
and retag them. But that's life: things change. Sometimes even facts
change.

regards,
Martin