[Tagging] Status of maxspeed:wet

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 13:03:50 GMT 2012

2012/12/4 Martin Vonwald <imagic.osm at gmail.com>:
> Before we use some strong words lets take a look at the issue:
> according to taginfo maxspeed:wet is used 602 times. You may subtract
> one or two hundred as I added them. So we are talking about a tag
> that's currently used less than 500 times and without a known (at
> least I dont know one) application. As such a speed limit is quite
> common people either didn't care enough to tag it or maxspeed:wet was
> just a try.

I am not sure if this is really a common maxspeed condition, but I
think that 602 of this particular feature is not very few. But neither
too much to ever change it ;-)

 Also please don't forget that maxspeed:wet is up to this
> second completely undocumented.

it is documented, you get lots of hits in the wiki when searching for
it, e.g. here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Extended_conditions_for_access_tags
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Advanced_access_tags
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Modifiers_for_access_tags

> You (Pieren) are right if you say, that all things should be put on
> the table before voting.

I don't think that a vote in a certain direction does imply that you
can never have a different opinion on the same topic in the future.

cheers,
Martin