[Tagging] Fwd: Door to door routing to buildings with multiple occupants

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:44:01 GMT 2012

2012/12/4 Markus Lindholm <markus.lindholm at gmail.com>:
>> > it would make it impossible to render addresses and POIs at the same
>> > time.
>> this depends entirely on your rendering rules.
> How would you devise a rendering rule that makes an intelligible map with
> two icons mapped on top of each other on the same spot?

why should the address be an icon?

>> > The second problem would be that there would be multiple instances of
>> > the
>> > same address.
>> why is this a problem? "The" address would be the sum of all these
>> occurencies.
> If you want to calculate a route to or from an address it is preferable that
> there's just one instance.

you could calculate the centre of all equal address-points, or just
take the first, it wouldn't make any practical difference.

Anyway: it is preferable not to use this approach, I agree that
tagging a polygon is the better way if you know the extension of an
address.

cheers,
Martin