[Tagging] Fwd: Door to door routing to buildings with multiple occupants

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 08:52:29 GMT 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Markus Lindholm
<markus.lindholm at gmail.com> wrote:
> My main argument is that I see addresses as a separate map feature in
> their own right. An further more as there can be a M-N relationship between
> addresses and POIs I think it's a bad idea to overload them on a single
> element.

+1
For me, it was also obvious that the address is its own feature and
not an attribute to e,g, a shop. Shops can change quickly. Addresses
are more stable. You may also have shops in ground floor and private
flats/appartments in upper floors. I don't see why the building
address for those individuals should be identified by the shop
attributes in ground floor. I don't think we need a relation if the
link is defined spatially by the building area. Of course, they are
simple cases where the building is one single address for only one
single building (a shop or a residence building) in which case we can
merge all attributes into a single node or closed way.

Pieren