[Tagging] on-call bicycle ferry service

Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de
Thu Dec 6 16:09:03 GMT 2012

Hi,
route=ferry doesn't mean regular service with timetable. Small ferries
crossing rivers are operating on demand. Also I think that no more
explanation is necessary. If you arrive at "ferry-terminal", and there
is no ferryboat, you have to call the number.

Am 06.12.2012 15:21, schrieb Volker Schmidt:
> BTW what is the tag for a water bus (vaporetto) - in Venice there is a
> distinction between three classes of services: 'vaporetto' only
> carries passengers (with few exceptions - see above), 'motonave'
> carries passengers and bicycles, 'ferryboat' carries motorvehicles and
> ll the rest). I suppose 'vaporetto' should be route=ferry plus
> vehicles=no (which at present is missing on the Venice vaporetto routes)
I would use for 'vaporetto' access=no foot=yes, for 'motonave' access=no
foot=yes bicycle=yes. 'ferryboats' typical have some maxwight, maxheight
or something like this.

The problem with vehicle=no is, that there are several other "things",
which are no vehicles then passengers. Eg. a horse.

Henning