[Tagging] New relation type=provides_feature

Friedrich Volkmann bsd at volki.at
Thu Dec 6 17:04:51 GMT 2012

On 06.12.2012 16:39, Markus Lindholm wrote:
> Few days ago there was a discussion on this list with the subject
> "Door to door routing to buildings with multiple occupants". My
> thoughts after the discussion was that with increasing micro-mapping
> we need a relation to tie different objects together. So I thought I
> would make a proposal for such a relation.
>
> Tags:
> type=provides_feature
>
> Members roles:
> target
> address
> entrance
>
> There has to be exactly one member with the role target, that would be
> the POI. There could be multiple members with the other roles.
> Currently I listed address and entrance as possible member roles, but
> the list could be open-ended.

See my previous messages for my opinions on addresses. We don't need those
relations if we set each address on the the containing building/parcel/floor.

A relation could be used to define which entrances connect to which POIs
(shops etc.) in the building. But this is not in spirit of current indoor
mapping developments. You'd rather use highway=corridor etc. to connect
objects. -> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Indoor_mapping.