[Tagging] New relation type=provides_feature

Dave Sutter sutter at intransix.com
Thu Dec 6 23:19:42 GMT 2012

This may be a radical suggestion for OSM but I think POIs should be
removed from the map database and put in an external database. Each
POI should have an address and the address is used to match the POI to
the map.

This can also be extended to ref tags, which are a generalized
address, to add additional data to the map, such as informtion like
ferry schedules.

This may sound radical, but this is the way it is done almost everywhere else.

Dave