[Tagging] on-call bicycle ferry service

Martin Koppenhöfer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 08:24:57 GMT 2012

Am 07/dic/2012 um 03:23 schrieb Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com>:

> It sounds more like a water taxi. I'm not sure if that's a widely used term in Europe, but they exist on some rivers here - you call up, it comes and gets you. Not normally for bikes, but that still.

In Venice there are both, and they should be distinguished. Water busses circulate in lines like bus lines, you buy a public transport ticket which you can also use in busses, the frequency is like that of buses (every few minutes) etc, while water taxis also exist, they are much more expensive, you call them and they bring you where you want.

Cheers,
Martin