[Tagging] POIs

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 7 09:45:48 GMT 2012

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 03:19:42PM -0800, Dave Sutter wrote:
> This may be a radical suggestion for OSM but I think POIs should be
> removed from the map database and put in an external database. Each
> POI should have an address and the address is used to match the POI to
> the map.

Should this be a new thread? But anyway:-

Would this not be a significant complication for standalone satnavs
using, say, navit?

A large proportion of POIs are very relevant in that context, so
presumably a new mechanism for generating maps involving at least two
distinct data bases would be required?

ael