[Tagging] Self explanatory?

Martin Vonwald imagic.osm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 11:00:46 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I was thinking about a problem that affects renderers and navigational
devices in more or less the same way. I came up with a solution and
would like to know if it is understandable. I mapped four areas with
currently used tagging styles and added my solution. I would like to
ask you to have a look at the following images and tell me if you
understand what's going on. Please don't comment on the underlying
tagging styles - I randomly selected some I know (and may or may not
support them).

http://www.vonwald.info/osm/images/Self_explanatory_1.jpeg
http://www.vonwald.info/osm/images/Self_explanatory_2.jpeg
http://www.vonwald.info/osm/images/Self_explanatory_3.jpeg