[Tagging] POIs

Dave Sutter sutter at intransix.com
Sat Dec 8 17:27:57 GMT 2012

On the contrary, in my opinion the literal address is the proper link
between the map and a POI database. Addresses were invented exactly
for the purpose of identifying a physical location. If someone asks
you where you live you give them your address.

I would also extend beyond postal addresses to use the ref tag too.
The content of the ref tag should be the human name for an object,
such as 314 for a room. An external database would also use these
references, such as to give the location of a university class. (This
might require us to improve the ref tags a little. We might want to
allow for some additional tags to allow the ref to be more specific.)

Dave